This year marks the 45th annual Earth Day. Everyone making small changes adds up to a huge difference. Here are a few easy changes you can make for this lovely planet we call home. Hopefully they will become habit… if not already.
2. Change your lightbulbs – Switching to a compact fluorescent or LED bulb will lower your energy costs and consumption while saving you money!
3. Recycle – We all know this one. Recycling reduces the use of natural resources. Remember through Wednesday this week you can recycle your uniforms at Greg’s Recycling event!
4. Use reusable water bottles/coffee cups/shopping bags – Americans alone used a shocking 50 billion plastic water bottles last year. Remember to bring in your reusable Greg’s Uniforms tote bag or ask if you do not have one yet!
5. Wash laundry with cold water – Washing in cold water is better for your clothes, retains their colors and saves a TON of energy!
6. Pick it Up – This is easy. See some trash? Pick it up and put it where it belongs.
7. Plant trees, flowers and plants – Not only is it good for the environment, it will help save bees. We need bees!
8. Enjoy Nature – Set aside time to enjoy nature this Earth Day. Go for a hike, head to the beach or just sit in a park and love the moment.